Friday 30 November 2007

Oh when the Saints.....

A future member of the Tartan Army , perhaps ?
Today is Saint Andrews day, patron Saint of Scotland (besides some other countries!) The Scottish Parliament passed legislation enabling folk to take the day off , by swapping it for another public holiday! Hmmmm , I think 500 years of Presbyterianism is hard to shake off - Scotlands not very good at doing Saints Days .
I guess today is also the last day of NaBloPoMo - or National Blog Post a day for a month. I didn't sign up for it , but have tried to post more frequently - its help shake the inertia I feel during such a grey month. It also helped push on the knitting - no point having a knitting blog and not post about knitting . Can't show everything just yet - its for Christmas !
Had a lovely evening at Flavaknits last night - hadn't been feeling too well but it certainly cheered me up . Got some knitty gifts finished , and we pulled names out a hat for a knitty secret Santa .
Had a funny conversation about meat - Marion mentioned that one farmer used to have pictures of the cows hung on his stall , before they became the produce on his stall , and it was a bit off-putting . I actually liked the idea , that you could see that the animal had a happy , healthy life before the great stunner intervened (it comes from growing up opposite a farm!) And before I forget, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is on the Jonathon Ross Show tonight on BBC2 at 10.30pm , and publicising his Chickenout campaign. He is trying to get public support, and lobby parliament to change the way chickens are farmed - that is, make sure all chickens are farmed free range, and put an end to battery farming . Go have a look over at www.chickenout.tv
Back to the knitting - now I've knitted a few gifts , its back to DHs' sweater . I've been a bit slower on the knitting this week , as I've been stuffed up on with a cold . I also keep getting distracted by knitting other smaller items . And I'm desperate to get started on the Noro Silver Thaw , so many projects , so little time !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that chicken website - it's going to be a re-hash of Jamie's School Dinners for chickens I think! It's a great thing though, I know what horrific conditions chickens are raised in. For us it's free-range or nothing!

Can't wait to see what you've got on the needles :)