Sunday 4 November 2007

Tramway Knits

Had a lovely afternoon at the Tramway Knits, it was so nice to see some new faces, but me being my usual unsocial self didn't manage to have a chat or get their names, with the exception of Jennifer (Indias' mum) and Sido. Instead I had a "California Dreaming" chat with Thea (who hails from San Jose). Well its grey November and it is a subject that cheers me up.
There were so many lovely projects going on at the table, only a few I can adequately describe. India had brought her new Spinning Wheel , a lovely looking portable wheel on which she was spinning some gorgeous roving into laceweight - go have a look here
Gloria had her "broomstick" project, which involved a very large knitting needle and a crochet hook, and was making a gorgeous scarf from some lilac coloured Mirasol yarn. Catherine was wearing her lovely crocheted cape , which she had recently made , and Thea finished the scarf she was knitting in time to wear it home. Julia was knittings something gorgeous in Bamboo, and Fiona in a variagated pink shades yarn , although I did see some socks at the table a little before that . In fact several people were knitting socks, including Sido who was knitting them as a gift.
Talking of gifts , DH has said he will buy something, our India is selling - more later!
I gave the pinwheel sweater sleeve a few more rounds before going for the cocoon cardi sleeve - sleeves are never my favourite part to knit, they seem to go on to long, especially if you have extra long arms like me!
Well, back to the knitting - there is another one to go !

No comments: