Monday 12 November 2007

Still Tired

That Monday morning feeling! It was very cold this morning, and the first frost of winter, so out came the scraper for the car windscreen. The upside was that it was a lovely clear and sunny day, however I'm definitely in hibernation mode (or still recovering from Saturday or both!)
Have started DH sweater - no photo's yet , and I need to get a move on with my sisters' Noro sweater. This morning I discovered that my hat is well and truly lost, and I really need some nice handknitted gloves. Now, my good pal Kathleen knitted some fingerless mittens last year, but I think I need the type with fingers. I saw a lady knitting a lovely pair in a pale grey yarn on Saturday, not sure what the yarn was, but there was a lovely sheen to it. So if anybody reads this (hint hint sister dearest!) I would love a handknitted hat and gloves for Christmas .
Gone are the days when it was expensive perfume and designer clothes!
And my mum has got the new Nigella Express book - it looks wonderful , but I'm thinking I must divest of some of my Cookery books before I get anymore , or perhaps I should buy a new bookcase .
Sausage stew with leeks, parsnip and carrots tonight - better start cooking I've got two grumpy little men giving me those looks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes tis the season to wrap up warm and cozy. Snow is forecast here tomorrow, it may reach you by the end of the week.
I love the thought of sausage stew, so warming. Do you add beans to yours?