Thursday 31 May 2007

And now the Goods...

at last, here are the purchases from Purl, I was very restrained, or overwhelmed, otherwise if this was my LYS, I would be bankrupt!
I have some ideas what I might use the (small) amounts of yarn for, but I'm hoping to keep it for myself!
This is the "Green" issue of the Knit1 magazine, reduce reuse recycle - one lady made a wedding frock out of recycled sweaters!
...trying to get a close up of the yarn, from left to right, Koigu KPPM, Baby Camel, and Silk,angora,wool mix from Eden - aahhh!
Aren't they lovely!
Things are a bit slow on the knitting front just now - I'm still working away on the colinette shawl, which is so soft and lovely - so far its more like a headscarf than a shawl, but from little acorns grow might oaks ... or small skeins , large shawls . There are still a few WIPs in the basket (some for a longer time than others), so I am trying to refrain from starting any new projects (cough, splutter).
Still a bit jetlagged, body is completely confused and gets tired at strange times (lunch time???) Hopefully I will feel fighting fit this evening, in time for Flavaknits. We're trying to work out what to do for "Knit in Public" Day next Wednesday (June 9th). Rowan are advertising it, and encouraging knitting clubs to join in. Unfortunately the weather is not so good here, so it may need to be an indoor public place .

3 comments:

Wee Minty said...

Hi Mhairi

Welcome home!

Haven't been on for a while so I took in your visit in one go. Looks and sounds great - and as for the yarn ... what can I say .. er ..gan, gies a feel?

Kathleen said...

Your new acquisitions look lovely, the KPPPM in particular looks b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

Elaine said...

Loved reading about your adventures in NY - makes me want to go now!
Your newly acquired stash looks delish - will you take it to the next meet so I can fondle? ;)
Elaine x