Sunday 10 June 2007

Hey, I've got some new shoes on..

and suddenly everything's fine! Well done to all the girls who took part in the Race for Life - Pats on the back all round! I took the lazy option of just sponsoring, but one of these days.....
Spent a lovely afternoon at the Tramway, knitting and chatting. Poor Maggie turned up later due to problems with her car, then proceeded to have problems with her yarn. Heather was knitting some beautiful socks, and Catherine was crocheting away what looked like a lovely shawl. Nan was knitting with some gorgeous pink tweedy yarn (forgot to ask what it as), and Fiona was knitting with Rowans Bamboo tape .
I'm still knitting away on the 4-ply, and getting on a bit better than I thought I would. I took it out for "Knit in Public" day, where a few of us from Flavaknits met at Gourock front . Unfortunately it was so hot (yes you read that correctly HOT!), that we all decided to return to our cool shaded gardens ! Still we got a few comments and remarks! I think the Smoothie hats may have to wait until the cooler weather .
Off to do a bit of knitting and watch the BBC's Edwardian Supersize me with Giles Coren and Sue Perkins - boy, the food looks good!!!

1 comment:

Wee Minty said...

Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed