Thursday 8 February 2007

Up for a swap

The Glasgow SnB may be hosting a Yarn Swap soon, and this is what I'm considering swapping, although I haven't decided what for yet! My good friend Karen has some Rowan All Seasons cotton and Addi circulars which are tempting!
I bought this chunky Yarn from Crafty Fingers in Shawlands the other day - the artesano alpaca is going to become some baby things, but the Baba (such an appropriate name) is already this :) Its a little blanket for a Car Seat or Moses basket, the yarn is very soft and slubby, and beautifully bright and colourful for a new baby. It still needs blocked and the ends all sewn in, but that won't take long. Now I am very proud to show this - finally making progress with my first (adult) sock :0)
I should take a better picture in the daylight, but you get the idea, up until now I had only done about 6 rows of rib, the last night 70 rows of stocking stitch! Its like knitting with toothpicks, but it does get addictive since its so .... mobile.
Well I 'd better get on with "turning " that heel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on the sock so far ! They are kind of addictive and so handy when you have small children because you can just put them down and pick them up without having to finish your row :0)

Twelfthknit said...

It's all mine, precious, and I won't swap...
India