Monday 9 March 2009

You need Hands .... and a foot !

My friend Moira from FLavaknits group has been a busy bee recently. Normally she is busy working at Amazon dispatching all our (knitting book) orders ! But after a wee break , she produced these at a recent Flavaknits night.
Wonderful fingerless gloves and mittens, here the lovely Sandy is modelling fingerless mittens in a lovely variegated yarn (can't remember what it was), lovely rings too!
And here Jo elegantly models the cable fingerless mittens in Artesano Aran, lying on the table are a pair of fingerless (but including a thumb) mittens in an unspecified DK .
Now these mittens are extra special! They are knitted in a Greenock wool DK using a Greenock pattern! I found this lovely yarn in the local charity shop and had to by it instantly to give to Moira , who collects all old Greenock patterns. At one time Greenock produced enough yarn to supply the hundreds of Scotch Wool shops all over Britain, sadly those days are gone . Funny thing is , my mother worked for one of the Greenock Wool companies when she was pregnant with me and was so busy dispatching orders that she was asked to stay on as long as possible before she went off on maternity!
Beginning to sound like my Grandmother! And nearly forgot to mention the model, again, the lovely Sandy.
Here are a bright and colourful pair of mittens, modeled by the lovely Karen this time, its the Greenock pattern using Jaeger Merino DK in a fabulous bright orange shade
And just so the feet don't feel jealous of the hands , here is Sandy's lovely new Bremen socks in a lovely variegated alpaca yarn. Apologies for the picture, it was taken under a table at Cafe Flava!
Now last week , Heather tagged me in a meme. I'm not very good at these , but here goes!
Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules.
Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that let's them know they've been tagged.
  1. I need at least one cup of coffee a day, so I usually go to my local Cafe for a latte, always small and always one.
  2. I cannot bear the Daily Mail/Express newspapers , although the paper I read is owned by Rupert Murdoch and it shows . If I want right wing judgmental attitude I can get that at my parents , thank you very much!
  3. I love to read books , especially weird and wonderful ones by Alisdair Gray, but I have no retention, and promptly forget the story or that I've read it. But I get so much pleasure (and use) out of one book as I can re-read it over at leisure.
  4. I share the same birthday as my sister , but she is not my twin!
  5. I am not very sporty but I love to watch rugby, especially at Murrayfield!
  6. I own a lovely spinning wheel , pre-owned by the lovely lady (India) who taught me , and another famous yarny person learned on that same wheel (didn't you Lilith!)
Well hopefully that was boring , yet quirky enough , now who to tag ?
So , Nan , India , Lilith , Karen, Sandy and Lynette , if you fancy a wee bit of fun , consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

tandemsandy said...

lovely pictures. Will have a go at the tag thing next time I blog but not sure how to link yet so should be a good lesson