Sunday 28 June 2009

They are Done!

My Sunshine socks are finally finished! I think I was a wee bit worried about the yarn running out before the second one was done , as the tension is much tighter on it! Still I have two slightly different sized feet and the socks fit perfectly.
First up , the obligatory heel view , just so you can see how well I picked up my gusset (I feel an "ooohh Matron " moment coming on here!) , and how neatly I did my heel .
Then the front , this picture truly shows the gorgeous colours of Gloria's Hand-dyed yarn . I will need to visit Stitching Time in Hamilton to see some more soon. The Colourway is called Hyacinth , and I used 2.5mm needles all the way . The socks feel great on , but the cuff is a wee bit looser than I'm used to , will probably tighten up after proper blocking .
And finally , an obligatory shot of the Stash , from Stash in Putney ,London ! Its Dream in Colours' Smooshy yarn , colourway is Bermuda Teal . These hopefully will become Eunice Socks from Cookie A's Sock Innovation book . Thankfully the Eunice pattern has a shorter cuff , so I shouldn't run out of yarn (fingers crossed)
Now I've got my Sunshine socks , I'm praying for the Sun to come back , its raining ......again..... Typical!

2 comments:

Irene McCormack said...

Lovely socks. Sock Innovation is winging its way to me via Amazon as we speak. Hopefully Karen will get me some lovely naturally dyed wool to start me off.

Kathleen said...

Your sunshine socks look great and the yarn looks wonderful. Love the colour saturation and visual interest of the flecks. x K