Thursday 11 June 2009

Ch ch changes ...

Bit of an emotional day today ... DS2 had his "induction to Primary One" . It was no nursery , but an afternoon spent in the company of his peers and new Primary One teacher , and he did very well. His exact words were "I had a wonderful time at school today!" . He did better than his mother, who was a bag of nerves after discovering that he wasn't in the same class as his friends , whom he has known since a babe in arms . I then proceeded to put the incorrect name on his forms , after panicking because I couldn't remember anything from when his brother started Primary One - slow down life , you are going too fast!
Which is why I spent the morning and the rest of the afternoon helping him build his birthday lego models to play with! Here he is with his CrazyBones Gogo characters (another obsession)
Never mind , a bit of knitting some sunshine will help calm me down - here is a wee snippet of sock number one (from Sock Innovation book , pattern Sunshine) . I am quite please with myself as I only started this a few days ago and now I am at the heel . Its a twenty row pattern repeat and only requires 3 repeats for the cuff. It also fits very well , so I think I'll stick to the 2.5mm needles for future socks as it produces the right tension.
I am using Gloria's gorgeous hand-dyed sock yarn , in Hyacinth colourway. Its quite a "thin" yarn compared to the arauncania , but feels denser once knit up , and the colours are evenly spread . Such a lovely shade.
Meet Cedric , my lovely Liberty print elephant bought at the School fete last month . He sits in my stash basket , and helps to welcome any new yarns that arrive ! Here is my latest Unicorn yarn , from Natural Dye Studio in colourway Zanzibar , its very summery and I think I may use it to knit a wee Cami-top . There is not much yarn coming into the house for Cedric to welcome , as I am now officially on a yarn diet ........ until Karen opens the LYS . We are all so excited about this in out knitting group , it will be great to have one of a kind yarns on our doorstep .
Also am very excited for this evenings Flavaknits - Karen met the Rowan Rep, and I think she may need to put in a BIG order after we see the shade cards tonight !

No comments: