Sunday 24 August 2008

Blowing in the WInd!

As we sat outside in the Hidden Gardens at Tramwayknits today, the wind suddenly gusted in and blew our food, drinks and knitting everywhere - time to go inside. Unless, that is, you are under the age of twelve !
Yes, we had the Bairns at Tramwayknits today, and they had a ball racing around inside, while we had a ball knitting, drinking and eating INside. The cream teas looked gorgeous (but I went for my favourite , hummous and pitta bread!)
Well, its been a busy week - there was no Carrie at Flavaknits on Thursday, because she was busy withthisinstead !
She's is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to get a little cuddle - there will probably be more photo's once Mum has recovered . And a lot more pink baby knitting being done too ! I am getting some fab stuff from the YP, she's a wee gem really , she couldn't make it to Tramwayknits today so she is posting it out . The pattern has been chosen already , will show it later......
And then browsing Ravelry late one evening I decided it might be fun to take part in this, its kinda like sock wars except you knit and send a hat to your intended victim to "kill" them before you are killed by receiving a hat , and I'm using the preferredyarn . I am swatching as I write - which is why its probably taking so long! Gloria, resident expert on gems and crystals says the yarn gives a calming and balancing effect due to the Jade content - so that means we'll all feel calm once we are "killed!" hehehe!
The sock knitting is coming along too - firstsock done and almost at the heel of the second sock, AND, I'm considering doing a second pair in this pattern ! I just love the way the Koigu knits up, it is such a surprise in every row the way the colours turn out . My second pair will be in an Old Maiden Aunt colourway called Sour - nothing sour about it, its divine, so soft and a bright yellowy green , its such a happy colour to put my feet in for Winter!

No comments: