Sunday 27 April 2008

A Collection at the Burrell!

Anyone who knows me really well , knows I love my local city , Glasgow ! And I love nothing better than spending time in the many Museums and Parks it has , so I was very pleased when the Tramwayknits group held its "Spring Fling" at the Burrell today. The Sun shone ,the company was great , and we did our knitted Flower swap.
And what a Flower Swap , there was a full bunch of flowers in one gorgeous crocheted flower scarf , there was a beautiful kidsilk haze creation , a beaded flower with tweed leaves , and (my contribution) twirly aran flower with boucle leaves . I never got to see the rest as two small boys were pulling me away to go home!
There was a LOAD of wonderful knitting/crocheting books and magazines on the table - we took particular interest in the Knitted Lingerie book, underwear aside it did contain some great outerwear , some of it inspired by the fashions of the 1940's.
There was also a LOAD of gorgeous yarn , Heather had brought some beautiful silk and silk mix yarn. The Manos del Uruguay silk mix was a gorgeous red colourway , and the silk aran was wonderful acid shades of pink and orange . And the stole Heather was crocheting was in a wonderful shade of turquoise/sea blue .
In fact there was quite a bit of the crochet going on today. Alice had on a lovely crocheted cardi , Heather was crocheting a stole, there were lots of lovely crochet books on the table including the Erika Knight book my sister bought to knit a lovely camisole (Personally I would need to knit/crochet something to fill the camisole but thats for another time! lol)
I had brought my 3 years old WIP sweater today to add another few rows , but I had wished I had brought my WIP cotton top instead. I may dig that out this evening when children are sleeping .
And on to FO's - the HP socks are FINIS ! However , Junior feels they are a bit tight - aaarrgghh! So on to pair number two , then perhaps I can give pair number one to Jnr Junior. I always knew there was a positive side to having more than one child ! lol
Having a few problems with electrical things just now - Vacuum cleaners packed up and the camera is slowly falling to bits. I'm tempted to buy the toy version of things as they seem to last longer!

2 comments:

TangledFrog said...

It was a good day, wasn't it? I the flower scarf I dipped for! And DH & I managed a stroll around Pollock Park in the sunshine before heading home.

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with Glasgow, my family are from the outskirts, in 1990 when it was the European city of culture. I have loved the city ever since.
Cherry xoxoxo