Sunday 27 January 2008

Consider the lilies of the field ......

Today is Homelessness Sunday , and Churches all around the country are asking their members to consider those without a home , those who live in abject poverty , and what we can do to alleviate this .
It is sad that in this modern world , there are still those who have no home , and very little to live on , even in this country. One charity that helps those get back on their feet is Starter Packs , and some lovely ladies in our church , Ella and Ruth, collect on their behalf for the Inverclyde area . Ella , Ruth and their band of workers , collect , pack and distribute every week to families and single folk finally getting their first home. All these people that help out are unpaid volunteers , who give up a lot of their free time - its wonderful that even nowadays there are still people who devote their a large part of their lives to helping out - Well Done you guys!
Well TangledFrog has gone and tagged me for a meme , that she was tagged for by DollyDimple
So apparently, I've to tag some other folk , as well as putting down a few things about myself - strange things - should be easy, plenty strange about me ! lol
So to completely plagiarise what was on Tangledfrogs page ;-)) Here are the rules: Link to the person that tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Got that !
1. I have one cup of coffee a day , at my local cafe Flava , and cannot start anything until I've done so .
2.I am a magazinaholic - my new years resolution is to CUT DOWN my magazine purchases !
3. I like poetry , but unfortunately I have a very bad memory, so am unable to memorise anything .
4.I have a bad memory... oh yeah , mentioned that. Did I say I have a bad memory .
5. I adore Alan Rickmans' Snape character in the Harry Potter Movies - well basically adore Alan Rickman lol .
6.Always , always leave some tea in my cup - it goes back to when we used tea leaves and didn't have a tea strainer!
So , who do I tag , hmm , possibly Nan , get her back to blogging! , and perhaps Kimberly , and Nicola's not been around for a while either . That should do for now - girls consider yourself tagged !
Right , off to do some knitting - I have a skein of Easyknit sock yarn that is crying out to be cast on - later later later!!

No comments: