Monday 30 November 2009

Fishers of Men

Happy St Andrews Day to all around the world who share this Patron Saint!
Scotland is going St Andrews mad today , school has dress down and wear something Scottish (never seen so many wee boys in kilts and C U Jimmy hats , and never seen so many tartan ribbons and dresses either!) The music on the radio was all Scottish bands this morning , but no "White Heather Club" or Jimmy Shand and his (accordion) band!
This year is the 250th anniversary of the birth of the poet Robert Burns , Scotlands National Bard , so all this year Scotland has been celebrating "Homecoming" , a call for expat Scots , or those of Scots descent to visit and enjoy all things Scottish . My pal Lilith has her "Homecoming" yarn collection which finished at the end of the year , so have a peek and buy before it all goes !
And I have been a wee bit busy , here are some (blocked) knitted items , they may be gifts !
Here is my Icing Swirl Hat , blocked and much slouchier , I should really sew in the loose ends though , finishing never was my strong point!
And here is my second Ishbel , knitted in Old Maiden Aunt "Ysolda" colourway , alpaca/silk fibre mix . It is such a delicate beautiful shade ,reminds me of fine bone china .
And talking of Ysolda , here are some more photo's from Saturdays visit to Once a Sheep !
Here is Anne looking swell in an Ishbel Beret and Damson shawl/scarf !
This lady thought she didn't suit hats , I think not , Snap-Dragon Tam looked perfect on her!
And here is a Stitching Time Bletherer , the lovely Liz trying on the snap-dragon flip-top mittens , try saying that after a few Islay Malts , eh!
On the subject of mittens , I have lost one of my beautiful handspun hand-dyed , hand-knit mittens ! Sob ! So I will have to knit another pair tonight as it is so cold .
Anyway , wherever you are , whatever you do , have a wonderful St Andrews Day !

1 comment:

tash said...

Happy St. Andrew's day! Love the beret hat, you suit it down to the ground. I've always aspired to be a hat type and fail miserably!