Sunday 22 November 2009

Stormy Weather

Well , I did finally make it to the Once a Sheep preview night once the weather (and the removal of an upturned car) calmed down a bit.
It is all so lovely , the yarn , needles , spinning wheels and supplies..........sigh !
The official opening was yesterday , and what a grand day . Tess came down from Johnstone , and Angela came up from West Kilbride . And lots of the knitting group and locals showed up too . There were gifts and cards handed in , and the lovely Yvonne sent Karen some flowers !
The weather started to misbehave , but not before my sister treated herself to some gorgeous Manos Wool classica , and my Mum bought a wonderful Noro pattern book (which I will borrow at some point in the future !)
And next week Ysolda is visiting with her Whimsical Little Knits 2 book . I have the first one, bought back in September , and have knitted at least three items from it (4 if you count my latest project , the lovely Ishbel beret)
I love Ysolda's designs , they are very "knittable" , well written and look great . I practically live in my Ishbel shawl , and will be knitting a few more of these for gifts too.
Finished another one for my Mum , and will be casting on another soon , after I've finished my Ishbel beret . I bought some gorgeous Jamie Possum Handpaint yarn for this project and it is knitting up a treat.
Will need to get some more photos up soon , my camera has finally give up the ghost, time for a new one I think!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Sounds like a great day apart from the weather.