Sunday 19 July 2009

Now there are pictures

I am having difficulty getting a decent picture of Kiri , here it is blocked with Cedric having a lie down on it . It is very sheer , due to the fact it is a fine fingering weight yarn knitted on size 4.5mm needles . I am pleased with the result and would try again , but use stitch markers next time. It has encouraged me to try some more lace patterns , so watch this space ! A favourite has to be Ann Hansons Fernfrost Design Scarf .
I think I was just having a panic moment with Eunice , here is my photo update . I like the sock and the pattern , and it will be a cosy bulky sock , most likely for wearing in the house . I'm just going to keep knitting and stop thinking about it ! The yarn does look gorgeous , and it feels good too.
I finally wound my skein of Old Maiden Aunt Merino/Cashmere sock yarn into a ball , and an going to make a textured shawlette . The "recipe" for this is on Ravelry , and I saw a shawl made from 2 skeins of Old Maiden Aunt yarn , it was so gorgeous . So I had to download it straight away . Hopefully it will be good enough for a gift . The yarn is gorgeous to knit with , I just keep cuddling it !
I think Cedric has designs on my OMA project , time to get knitting !

No comments: