Wednesday 18 July 2012

oh- oh ! Its raining again

So I am looking through my holiday pictures to remind myself of sunnier times! The photo below is an image of the moon which reflected the fiery red of the sun , quite magic.


The boys are visiting their grandparents , and DH is away on business , so I have a quiet house . No cleaning tonight , a night off and some lazy me time to knit and watch tv.
Sherman sock beginning to take shape , pattern needs a little concentration at this point as top of foot and sole have separate patterns , on different pages!
Still, am enjoying it immensely , just love the feel of squishy sock yarn on double pointed needles , seeing a new pattern take shape . Ah simple pleasures!
Have just seen the latest Rowan Magazine 52 - it is full of lovely chunky jumpers and colourwork cardi's , so come pay day a copy shall be mine . I am a relative newcomer to Rowan , having only started to collect their biannual magazine since number 28 . However even if I knit nothing out of them , I love to look at the gorgeous knitwear in them , especially if its by Kaffe Fasset .
I love the colours and texture of the yarns , I love knitting with them and wearing them .
Ah well , back to the socks!

1 comment:

Francesca said...

i was a rownn subscriber for two years in italy and i loved it and the annual free project.but the format of the magazine gives me the creeps, it's sooo big....