Monday 23 February 2009

Slow and Steady wins the race...

I think I have a major case of startitis just now, coupled with the fact I'm going at tortoise speed with my knitting!
Still I'm making a little progress on my Slant Cable top. The RYC Baby Alpaca is lovely to knit with , and I'll be looking for more of this for another project later on in the year .
Its not as easy to see the cables in the darker yarn , unlike the models golden coloured bamboo version , but they give a lovely shape to the sweater .
I am still on course to do a pair of socks a month , however I can see quite a few plain socks being knitted to ensure I keep to my timetable! I have also signed up to a Cookie A Sock knit along - after finishing my Marlenes, I will be attempting the Baudelaire pattern which is a toe up lace pattern - ooohh, bit challenging, but I'm determined to try out new things this year .
The new Cookie A book is out in April , and the preview of the patterns looks amazing .
Here is my first unblocked Marlene , pattern by Cookie A in Knit.1 Winter 2008 , and the yarn is Old Maiden Aunt Superwash sock yarn in Gothic Colourway .
And here are my finally finished unblocked plain socks in Natural Dye Studio alpaca silk blend, so comfy!
Here is Marlene on a real live foot! (Mine naturally!)
And my NDS pair on real live feet (again my own!)
And remember my trip to Liliths last week? Well here is my purchase, soon to be spun into extra fine yarn!
Its a short and sweet update - trying to spend more time knitting and less on the computer. Will have another post tomorrow where I will expand on Heathers Tag game!

2 comments:

tandemsandy said...

love the marlene socks and can't wait to see the extra fine spun yarn...

Anonymous said...

you actually spin yarn as well? Oh I'm mightily impressed! Lovely socks, don't know how you manage to do one a month, especially with such lovely patterns.