Wednesday 12 December 2007

Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly

tra la la la la lala la la!
The Christmas Tree is finally up - or rather purchased from the garden centre , taken home in the (very small) boot of my car , dressed by the kids , fallen over , set back up , and now sitting in the corner looking.... a bit small! However , it was chosen by two small people (my children) who think its wonderful , but it is... still small.
Now I am suffocating under all the Christmas Knitting , so I've decided to rationalise it . A sweater is about to turn into a hat , and some folk are getting bathrobes from Primark instead of scarves! Once I decided to do this, the headaches ceased . And I'm beginning to enjoy Christmas , and the gifts I am actually making . So much so , that I'm looking forward to making some more AFTER Christmas !
And then I saw this at Heathers - Pay It Forward .
The idea is acts of kindness are done without expecting something in return, in the hope that the person/s for whom you do something kind will pass on their own act of kindness. Et ad infinitum !
So ! I will make a Handmade Gift for the first 3 people who leave a comment requesting to join this PIF exhange . Go on - you know you want to !
The handmade gifts will be sent within 6 months - so I'll have plenty of time to get something really glamourous, gorgeous and delectable to you . It will probably be knitted , as my sewing skills are minimum , or it may be baked , or both! The possibilities are endless .
And now I must go and rearrange my furniture to make my small tree look less ..... small - I'm thinking a table !
PS - remember to leave a comment , in the words of Mrs Doyle - go on go on go on go on !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you've tempeted me - I was going to pass but I believe in paying it forward (have you seen the film?) so count me in! Squee, how exciting!

And before I go, if I don't comment beforehand, Merry Christmas to you and yours!