Thursday 29 September 2011

Boxes

I have a severe case of startitis just now - its all for a good cause but its becoming a bit overwhelming.
There is the pair of socks for my Dads' birthday (yesterday) which I am knitting the OMA Merino/Bamboo in Midnight Owl . Then there is the cropped jacket for my Mums' birthday (next month) which is knitted in Rowan Big Wool/Drift , and should be quick if I focus on it! And don't even talk about the Aeolian or Arisaig (or Rose jacket for that matter) .
However , this is also the time of year I like to knit up some hats and mittens for the Shoebox Appeal run by an organisation calledBlythswood , who deliver Shoeboxes full of good and useful items to Eastern Europe and Pakistan . They also issue out a paper telling you about who the shoeboxes go to ....... it is a very humbling read .
A Very Kind Person has given me some yarn (in a box funnily enough) , and some of this will be perfect for mittens and hats , especially for small people as well as big people!


The multi-coloured pinks and purples will be perfect for little girls and the blues and browns for wee boys . Should get some done for the grown-ups too from my box of plenty .

The charity are also looking for cash donations , this helps with the delivery costs of the shoeboxes . If you could donate any that would be magnificent .

The boxes are sent out at the end of October , to make sure they arrive in time for Christmas - better get cracking then!

No comments: