Friday 6 May 2011

Spring is sprung ... almost

Nothing like knitting with Noro Silk Garden to cheer the spirit , especially in these lovely spring colours .
I tried my best to match the two fronts , and the back with the two sleeves , so the contrast would only be between the back and front . The stripes were quite wide , and I felt they would not mismatch well , usually I like Noro to mismatch as much as possible and it usually obliges . It is a close match but not perfect , just like life!
I love these buttons as they go well with the colours but draw out the green of the Noro .
I will give it a little press , but I don't like to block Noro too much , in case it loses its "oomph !" The yarn is quite springy , but the silk gives it a bit of drape .
Come and see it soon in Once a Sheep window , where it will fit in with all the other gorgeous knits .

No comments: