Wednesday 9 February 2011

Bits and pieces

I am enjoying reading the Knitspot blog by Anne Hanson just now . Her posts are always full of beautiful photographs , lovely food , fabulous yarn and knitting and the wonderful places she travels too .
Like West Kilbride!
Recently she taught at a Knitting Retreat organised by Socktopus' Alice Yu , based in Cornwall , which was attended by our own Lilith of OMA . It looked wonderful , gorgeous views and some pretty knitted socks .
Afterwards Anne and Cookie A visited the lovely Ysolda in Edinburgh , then took a trip out to Liliths' studio in West Kilbride . They had lots of fun dyeing yarn too - the pictures of the trip are just great - have a look at the blog and enjoy too .
My own OMA yarn is being knitted up into the lovely Palisander pattern from Knitty - its coming on a treat , however , the RSI in my wrist, neck and shoulder has re-appeared and slowed things down a bit .
Here is the pattern ! This yarn is so gorgeous to work with , soft and tactile, I don't want to put it down when I start.
And here is the reverse side with its lovely cables , i love the effect , and also the fact that you cannot tell there are cables from the Right Side .
I hope to get a bit more done soon , once the pain from the RSI goes . Note to self ALWAYS use wooden needles , not metal.
While I have been resting (!) I have been catching up with a bit of spinning . I bought some lovely hand-dyed Mulberry Silk fibre and spun it up with some teal corriedale I had - I like the effect of plying them together .
I now have approx 200gms of chunky yarn , mmmm , what to do ?
Proud Mummy moment now - DS2 won his Pupil Trophy for a week , he got eleven stars and was top of the class (trust me , this is a BIG Deal!)
Three Cheers ! Hurray , Hurray , Hurray !!

1 comment:

Irene McC said...

Lovely homespun and a cracking colour. Glad the scarf is progressing - don't want to run out of time!! Well does DS2.