Thursday 29 April 2010

Too many projects....too little time!

I know I am not alone in this habit......Knitting Startitis! So many gorgeous yarns , beautiful patterns , dreams and wishlists . I have several projects sitting waiting patiently to start , and yet I buy more yarn and start a new project .
Or I buy yarn to start a project and it sits languishing in the stash cupboard , its only solace being that I go in to stroke the yarn now and again .
And I am at it again , but when you see this yarn , you will appreciate why !
I just happened to be perusing the Old Maiden Aunt website , and saw it , and instantly fell in love with it!
And look , there is only one of it , so I just had to buy it , there and then. The waiting for it to arrive in the post was excruciating! But I survived. It was worth the wait. As soon as I ripped open the parcel , I had it on the swift and wound into a wee cake of yarn . Its for a special project you see .
Our local Knitting group at Once a Sheep is having an Ishbel Knitalong . This will be the fourth Ishbel shawl , can you tell I really like this pattern? I had considered knitting on in laceweight , but this yarn only came in sportweight , so sportweight it it . Cast on starts tonight at 8pm!
And here are my new knitpro needles that I'll be using . I am already using the needles for (yet another) project , but as it is an interchangeable set , I have plenty cables and tips for other projects .
As this yarn is sportweight , I think I will start on a 5mm needles , then go up to a 6mm to make the lace extra lacy and curvy .
Hope my good pal Kimmie doesn't mind , but here is her Ishbel that I gave her just a wee help with - isn't the yarn gorgeous, the colours are magnificent .
And it looks fabulous on Kimmie!
Here is another of my talented pals - Eileen showing off her first spindle spun and plied yarn , using corriedale fibre . Just lovely , she has since knitted it into a sock project bag , very apt since she has a sock addict at present!
Right , I am off to get ready for Knitting group .

1 comment:

Linn said...

Ohhh, lovely wool indeed! And I seem to recognise that place in the photo;) Bit hi to Karen, and hopefully it won't be that long until we're(i am ) back!