Monday 8 March 2010

Monday Again!

Its Monday , time to get up and out and busy .
So I was pleased to see an email from my stateside pal Carrie , she has a food blog which she rarely updates being a busy Mum , but when she does, YEEHA ! its a beauty!
Here is a link to the blog - she has three new postings , which equals three new recipes and they are gorgeous. The Crab Filled Fish is first on my list.
And I am chuffed to bits with my new sweater knitted by my fair Sisters' hand for my birthday! I am taking any opportunity to wear it!
Look at that handiwork - knitted in Rowan 4ply from Once a Sheep . Sis is really the professional knitter in the family but way too modest with it .
And look here - did you see the cute wee shiny buttons I chose ? They go all different colours in the light, love 'm !
I have also knitted a wee mini-monkey sock for the upcoming sock class I'll be taking . Its in Opal yarn , one of the wee 10g balls they sell , and it is fab!
Date for the "Beginners - learn to knit socks" class is Saturday 24th April at Once Sheep, Kempock Street , Gourock , 10.30am - 3.30pm , see Once a Sheep blog for details . This class covers the basics of sock knitting , cuff down using double pointed needles. More intermediate classes to follow soon .
Look , there is still some of the ball left too!(3g Karen and I checked on the scales!)
I am trying my hardest to figure out what to get for the Mothers for Mothering Sunday next week . Toiletries , perfume , flowers ...... they have it all. What do you get the women who have everything! Socks perhaps .....

No comments: